Francesco Rotondi is a Founding Partner of LABLAW - Studio Legale.
His practice focuses on Italian employment and labour law, collective dismissals, industrial relations, transfers of undertaking and employment related litigation.
Francesco joined the law firm of Trifirò & Partners in 1991 where he later became a partner. In 2001 he joined the law firm of Hammonds Rossotto as the partner in charge of the Department of Labour Law and Industrial Relations. In 2006 Francesco became a founding partner of LABLAW.
Francesco is regularly recognized by the international legal community as a leader in his field. In particular, he has been noted in the following professional publications:
- Chambers Europe 2007 - 2013
- Legal 500 2007 - 2013
- PLC Which Lawyer? 2006 - 2012
- European Legal Experts 2007 - 2013
- Who's Who Legal 2011 - 2012
- Best Lawyers 2010 - 2012
- Best of the Best 2012
- TopLegal 2010
- Expert Guides 2007 - 2009 - 2011 - 2013
- Chambers Global 2004 - 2006
- LegalCommunity Labour Awards: Lawyer of the Year 2012 - WINNER
- The Lawyer European Legal Awards 2012 : European Managing Partner of the Year FINALIST
- Legal Week Awards 2010 - 2011 : European Managing Partner of the Year FINALIST
- TopLegal Awards 2010 - 2012 : Labour Professional of the Year FINALIST
Francesco is also a regular speaker at leading Italian academic institutions. Some of his current acclaims and speaking engagements are:
- Part Time Professor at the European University of Rome
- Professor at SDA Bocconi
- Professor of Labour Law at the University of Rome (“Tor Vergata”) - Master OPL
- Scholar at The Labour Law Institute at the University of Milan - Sacro Cuore
- Member of the Board of Arbitrators of Assolavoro (Confidustria)
- Professor at Italian Employment Lawyers Association (AGI) of Lombardia
- Professor at the Executive Studies Institute (ISTUD)
- Professor at the Institute of Personnel Management (ISPER)
- Member of the Labor Law and Practice Scientific Committee - IPSOA
- Lecturer at GIDP - Personnel Directors Group
- Lecturer at AIDP - National Association of the Personnel Directors
- Lecturer at Paradigma, International Research Institute, ISTUD, SDA Bocconi, ISPER, CEGOS, etc.
- Member of the Justice Commission of the 2nd degree for the Federal Council of the Italian Kickboxing Federation
Francesco has written numerous books and articles which have been published in notable professional publications such as Il Sole 24 Ore, The Employment Guide of Il Sole 24 Ore, The Work of the Law - IPSOA, Court Work - IPSOA and Employment Law & Practice - IPSOA.
Some of his recent publications include:
- Italian Labour Law, co-written by Luca Failla and Francesco Rotondi, Globe Law & Business 2011
- Breaking with Tradition: Competitive Strategies for European Law Firms, co-written by Luca Failla and Francesco Rotondi, Ark Group July 2010
- Expert Opinion: Themes that have emerged in both the US and UK as a result of the credit tsunami (as described by Alan Greenspan) and how the Italian system addresses these issues, co-written by Luca Failla and Francesco Rotondi, The New Economy - Summer 2009
- Commented Codes of Employment Relationships, IPSOA 2008
- A Course of Labour Law, CEDAM 2008
- Collective Dismissals, IPSOA 2008
- Codes of Law, IPSOA 2007
- A Practical Guide to Labour Law, CEDAM 2005
- Anti-Union Conduct, CEDAM 2004
- Codes of Employment Law, La Tribuna 2003 (Co-author)
- Temporary Work, IPSOA 2000
Francesco Rotondi is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA), the Italian Employment Lawyers Association (AGI), the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA) and the Scientific Committee of IPSOA. In addition Francesco is a Member of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Personnel Directors (AIDP) of Lombardia, a Member of CONFINDUSTRIA, as well as being a member of the Scientific Committee of Employment Law & Practice at IPSOA.