Luca Failla is a Founding Partner of LABLAW - Studio Legale.
His practice focuses on Italian labour and employment law, international litigation, employment contracts and dismissals, reduction of personnel, employment tribunals, pension schemes, trade union negotiations as well as company and commercial law.
Luca commenced his career in 1989 working with recognised Italian law firms such as Menegazzi and Trifirò e Associati. He joined Abbatescianni e Associati in 1996 as a partner where he led the Employment and Industrial Relations Department. Ten years later, Luca became a founding partner of LABLAW.
Luca is regularly recognized by the international legal community as a leader in his field. In particular, he has been noted in the following professional publications:
- Chambers Europe 2008 - 2013
- Legal 500 2007 - 2013
- PLC Which Lawyer? 2006 - 2012
- European Legal Experts 2009 - 2013
- Who's Who Legal 2010 - 2012
- Expert Guides 2007 - 2009 - 2011 - 2013
- Best Lawyers 2010 - 2012
- Best of the Best 2009 - 2012
- TopLegal 2010
- Chambers Global 2004
- The Lawyer European Legal Awards 2012 European Managing Partner of the Year FINALIST
- Legal Week Awards 2010 - 2011 European Managing Partner of the Year FINALIST
- TopLegal Awards 2010 - 2012 Labour Professional of the Year FINALIST
Luca has also been recognized by both the Italian academic community and Italian professional associations as a leader in his field and is often asked to lecture at universities and at conferences, in addition to being asked to sit on committees. Some of his current engagements include:
- Member of the Board of ASLA - the Italian Associaiton of Law Firms
- Member of the Board of Director of CONFINTERIM - the Italian Confederation of Temporary Employment Agencies
- Legal Representative to the Counsel of FORMATEMP - the Italian National Fund for the development of Temporary Employment.
- Assistant to the Faculty of the University of Milan's Employment Law Department since 1989.
- Lecturer - Employment Law at the University of Milan since 1995
- Lecturer in Employment Law for a Masters course organised by AIDP - the Italian Association of Personnel Directors since 2001
- Lecturer in Employment Law for a Masters course organised by AGI - the Association of Italian Employment Lawyers since 2004
- Collaborator - for 'Employment Law Expert - Cases and Solutions' which is an on-line service provided by IPSOA a subsidiary of the Wolters Kluwer Group since 2006
- Lecturer at the University of LUM Jean Monnet in Bari, Italy since 2012
Luca has produced numerous texts and publications on a wide range of labor and employment legal issues throughout his career. Some of his more recent works include:
- The Labour Code: The Constitution and Fundamental Law, Co-author, IPSOA November 2012
- Comments on Forms of Labour: Substantial, Management, and Procedural Profiles, IPSOA November 2012
- The Administration of Labour: The Difference Between Fixed Term and Service Contracts,Giuffrè Editore 2012
- The New Labour: What is Changing for Businesses and Employees - Law 92 of June 28, 2012, IPSOA July 2012
- Individual Dismissals, Co-author, IPSOA 2012
- A Handy Reminder of Atypical Labour Contracts, IPSOA Francis Lefebvre 2011
- Italian Labour Law, co-written by Luca Failla and Francesco Rotondi, Globe Law & Business 2011
- A Complete RIF (Reductions is Force): An examination of the different options available to businesses in both Italy and the European Union, PLC Which Lawyer? Cross - border Labour and Employee Benefits Handbook 2010/2011.
- Not Exactly an Italian Holiday: A discussion of Italian Government Wage Support Schemes to aide Businesses in Times of Crisis, World Finance, September 2010.
- Breaking with Tradition: Competitive Strategies for European Law Firms, co-written by Luca Failla and Francesco Rotondi, Ark Group July 2010
- Alternatives to Reductions in Force in Italy: A Brief Overview - Focus Europe - Jan 2010
- Comments on Labour Law, collaborator, IPSOA 2010
- A Complete RIF ( Reductions is Force): An examination of the different options available to businesses in both Italy and the European Union, PLC Which Lawyer? Cross - Border Labour and Employee Benefits Handbook 2009/2010.
- Expert Opinion: Themes that have emerged in both the US and UK as a result of the credit tsunami ( as described by Alan Greenspan) and how the Italian system addresses these issues, co-written by Luca Failla and Francesco Rotondi, The New Economy, Summer 2009
- Global Reorganization, Downsizings and the Financial Tsunami: Redundancies in Italy - Expert Guides 2009
- The ABC of Contracts with Examples and News - Career Book Lavoro & Master 2008/2009, La Repubblica Grandi Guide - Somedia
- Security and Sanctions: The Word of the Bar Association is Prevention - HR On-line AIDP, 2008
- One, None, One Hundred Thousand Contracts - Career Book Lavoro & Master 2006/2007 - La Repubblica Grandi Guide, Gruppo Editoriale l'Espresso S.p.A
- The Employment Relationship - Career Book 2006, La Repubblica Affari & Finanza - Somedia
- Directive Power and Disciplinary Power - AA.VV., Implementation after the Biagi Reform - Milan, Giuffrè, 2006
- The Employment Relationship - Career Book 2005, La Repubblica Affari & Finanza - Somedia
- The Employment Relationship - Career Book 2004, La Repubblica Affari & Finanza - Somedia
- Work Contracts - Career Book 2003, La Repubblica Affari & Finanza - Somedia
- Privacy in Employment Relationships - Milan, IPSOA, 2002
- The Lastest News about Temporary Work - Diritto e Pratica del Lavoro, 2001, 1400
- The Employment Relationship (Il rapporto di lavoro) Career Book 2002 - La Repubblica Affari & Finanza, Somedia
- The New Rules for Fixed Term Contracts: Instructions for Use (La nuova disciplina del contratto a termine: prime istruzioni per l'uso), Diritto e Pratica del Lavoro, 2001, 3149
- Recent Legal Changes in Temporary Work Relationships - Diritto e Pratica del Lavoro, 2000, 9, 672
- The Employment Relationship - Career Book 2000, La Repubblica Affari & Finanza - Somedia, 1999
- Temporary Work:Terms for the Supply of Personnel - Diritto e Pratica del Lavoro, 1999, 31, 2201
- The Terms for the Supply of Personnel and the Development of Temporary Work Performance: Requirements and Consequences - Dir. Comunitario Scambi Internaz., 1999, 559
- The Employment Relationship (Il rapporto di lavoro), Career Book 1999, La Repubblica Affari & Finanza, Somedia, 1998
- The Right to Criticise and the Employment Relationship: An important decision by the Court of Appeals - (Note to Cass. Sez. Lav. May 16th, 1998, 4952, Basile c Soc. Fincantieri navali in Mass. Giur. Lav. 1998, 4-5, 663), 1998
- The Right to Criticise or an Offence? The borderline between criticism and personal attacks (Note to Pret. Bergamo September 29th, 1997, Grandi e altri c Soc. Italcementi in Mass. Giur. Lav., 1998, I, 25), 1998
- Temporary Work and Disciplinary Measures - Diritto e Pratica del Lavoro, 1997, 33, 2343
Luca is a member the International Bar Association (IBA), the American Bar Association (ABA), the Italian Employment Lawyers Association (AGI), the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA), and is an active member of the board of ASLA - the Association of Law Firms in Italy.
In addition, Luca is also a representative of L&E GLOBAL - an integrated alliance of premier employment law boutiques (www.leglobal.org)